Jameson Care Center
Jameson Care Center / Skilled Nursing
The Jameson Care Center is a 78-bed, Medicare Certified care facility providing long-term skilled and intermediate nursing care and short-term rehabilitation. Jameson Care Center is a 70,000 square foot facility comprised of 14 private and 64 semiprivate rooms on a private, wooded-lot in Neshannock Township.
The Jameson Care Center is situated in a scenic wooded setting that provides a secure, easily accessible care center for those in need of a modern, nursing facility. The Care Center is located in the heart of the county, in Neshannock Township, and provides easy access to main highways, bus routes, shopping centers, doctors' offices, etc. For the safety and security of our residents and visitors, added benefits include a security program, well-lit exterior and convenient parking.
We understand the importance of maintaining a sense of dignity and independence by providing a physical layout that promotes this goal. The Care Center offers both private and semi-private rooms for skilled and intermediate nursing care. The facility has been uniquely designed to provide an inviting, home-like setting for our residents. Tastefully decorated, each room offers a comfortable atmosphere, a sense of privacy and a window view of the scenic surroundings.
- Room Features: We have 14 private and 64 semi-private skilled and intermediate care rooms. Each room includes a bathroom and provides a climate-controlled thermostat to easily monitor air and heat.
- Dining Room: A large brightly-lit central dining room is available for residents' daily meals, featuring a cozy fireplace, table seating and restaurant-style service that promote a private enjoyable dining atmosphere. A complete meal program and meal planning are a part of the comprehensive dietary program. Our chef prepares creative meals, often by request of the residents.
- Courtyard: Our beautiful courtyard was recently adorned with over 100 rose bushes donated by the Lawrence County Garden Club Rose Committee and The Hoyt Institute. It is a relaxing, peaceful place to visit with family and take in some fresh air. Doors lead into a beautifully landscaped outdoor environment that offers a pleasant, secure natural outdoor setting for use by our residents and visitors.
- Lounge Areas: Two mini lounge areas are available for multipurpose use for residents for such things as dining and crafts. Small kitchenettes are also available for cooking, baking or private dining.
- Activity Room: A fully equipped activity room is the center of social activity for our residents. Programs centered around social interaction, fitness/wellness and games/music are provided for the benefit and enjoyment of our residents.
- Hair Care Center: A complete hair care center is located in the nursing facility for the convenience of our male and female residents and is available by appointment.
- The Cafe Soda and Gift Shop: A cafe-style soda/gift shop is conveniently located in the facility. This cozy, enclosed snack bar serves beverages, ice cream, baked goods and other snack foods. A gift shop is also open during limited hours five days a week with a selection of gifts, flowers and personal care items.
- Therapy Room: A large well-equipped therapy room is available to provide on-site quality physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services.
- Chapel: A chapel is available for regular interdenominational services under the direction of the Jameson Health System chaplain. Area clergy are invited to have access to this facility.
- Special Amenities: television and local phone service are free of charge and are available in resident rooms.
The Care Center provides comprehensive care by a qualified administrator and highly skilled staff whose primary concern is the day-to-day as well as the long-range care of our residents. A medical director oversees the residents' care and works with the primary care physician to deliver the plan of care.
- Ready access to all services and programs offered by Jameson Health System through the delivery of the comprehensive continuum of services available through Jameson Hospital, Jameson Rehabilitation Center and others.
- 24-hour nursing care and supervision by professional nursing staff£
- A weekly care conference encourages resident and family involvement in goal-setting and care plan development. Care conferences are conducted by an interdisciplinary team of nursing and therapy staffs.
- Comprehensive rehabilitation services that focus on restorative nursing care and rehabilitation therapies, as needed.
- I.V. therapy services administered by skilled professional nursing staff.
- Enterostomal therapy services available as ~ ordered by the resident's physician.
- A full range of nutritional services monitored by a registered dietician including therapeutic diets and special considerations such as diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
- Medical supervision and administration by skilled staff.
- Activity therapy program provided by an experienced activities director to ensure the social and physical well-being of the resident.
- Social services provided by an experienced social worker to assist the resident and family in reaching and maintaining care goals.
- Spiritual needs met by the Jameson Pastoral Care Program under the direction of the Care Center's chaplain. The involvement of all community clergy is welcomed.
- Special consulting services available on site including psychological, dental, podiatry, ophthalmologic and others, as needed.
Jameson Care Center
3349 Wilmington Road
New Castle, Pennsylvania 16105
For more information about the Jameson Care Center,
call us at (724) 598-3300.
You are welcome to drop in anytime to visit our facility and speak with someone regarding you or a loved one calling Jameson Care Center home.